[OGSA-AUTHZ] Re: OGSA-AuthZ & OGSA-WG joint call

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Apr 4 15:21:43 CDT 2006

Hi Hiro

no the charter has not yet been approved. This is something that needs
to achieved ASAP. I am talking to Von about this today

regards

David

Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
> Thanks David for your update.
>
> I am very glad you made a lot of progress. Joint meeting at GGF17
> sounds great.
>
> Out of curiosity, have you got approved new WG's charter formally?
> All I can find on OGSA-AuthZ project is proposed charter dated
> Aug. 18, 2005 and it looks like working draft.
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto
>
> David Chadwick wrote:
>
>> Hi Hiro
>>
>> I am actually at the NIST PKI workshop in Washington this week, and
>> fly home on Thursday night. So I will be travelling from about
>> lunchtime on Thursday (Eastern Time).
>>
>> Here is an update for you. I have nearly finished a couple of docs to
>> present to the next GGF OGSA meeting to replace the current OGSA-SAML
>> profile. One is based on XACML and is a PDP-PEP interface. The other
>> is based on WS-Trust/SAML and is a PIP(CVS)-PEP interface. The
>> existing OGSA-SAML spec is an interface to a combinded PIP(CVS)/PDP,
>> but as we know it has severe limitations.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> David
>>

>> Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alan, David, Von and Mary,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have one hour joint call between OGSA-AuthZ WG
>>> and OGSA-WG next Thursday, April 6? OGSA-WG will have a F2F meeting
>>> next week in San Francisco Bay Area and Frank Siebenlist will lead
>>> this security session on Thursday.
>>>
>>> https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/2006Apr-OGSA-F2F-agenda
>>>

>>> I would like to proceed with our previous discussion in January.
>>> Please have a look into attached meeting minutes from Jan 19 joint call.
>>>
>>> If David can make it, we can talk 1-2pm PDT (= 9-10pm UK = 5-6am JST)
>>> same as January.
>>>
>>> Please let me know your availability and agenda items you want to
>>> discuss.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,

>>> OGSA January 2006 Interim Meeting
>>> =================================
>>>
>>>   Location: Sunnyvale, CA
>>>   Date:     19/1/2006, afternoon
>>>
>>> * Attendees
>>>   Hiro Kishimoto
>>>   Dave Snelling
>>>   Jem Treadwell
>>>   Andreas Savva
>>>   Fred Maciel
>>>   Darren Pulsipher
>>>   Chuck Spitx
>>>   Fred Brisard
>>>   Ravi Subramaniam
>>>   Dave Berry
>>>   Steve McGough
>>>   Neil Chue Hong
>>>   Takuya Mori
>>>   Frank Siebenlist
>>>   Jay Unger
>>>     Bridge:
>>>     Alan Sill
>>>     David Chadwick
>>>   Notes: Andreas Savva
>>>
>>>   See also Security agenda ppt:
>>>
>>> https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/ogsa-security-session/en/1

> [...]

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: D.W.Chadwick at kent.ac.uk