[OGSA-AUTHZ] Re: OGSA-AuthZ & OGSA-WG joint call

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Tue Apr 4 06:27:37 CDT 2006

David,

As AD in charge but also as WG member (well, at least close observer
and provider of feedback) I feel a bit out of touch. But there are
also some more serious process issues here.

My take-home message from our last session in Athens was that we did
not ratify the new charter (which includes the documents you
mentioned below), but rather that we need to get the production grids
in the loop to provide real-world minimum requirements for the next-
generation of the specs, as that was regarded as a prerequisite.

Since then, I haven't seen any action on the ogsa-authz mailing list
and I assumed that other, non-GGF related, chores had taken overhand
(as it often does for periods of time). But surely, the production of
two ”nearly finished" documents ought to have generated at least some
traffic ("FYI, I'm doing this, here's an early draft, tell me whether
I'm on the right track or not") and not appear as a surprise to all
of us close to the finish line. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting your
email?

In any case, this WG _still_ does not have an approved charter, and
we need to fix that. Badly.

/Olle