Charter Revision (was Re: [OGSA-AUTHZ] Change in Working Group Chairs)

Takuya Mori moritaku at bx.jp.nec.com
Mon Jun 27 10:16:36 CDT 2005

Dear Folks,

I have a comment for the charter revision.

The OGSA-WG is now defining a document called OGSA Naming Guideline
document.  In the document, they require a new WG which has "OGSA"
in its name to satisfy the three requirements.  I think it might be
good to discuss it during our charter revision.

The three requirements are:
1. documents intended to be produced need to be consistent with
   the overall architecture as defined by the OGSA requirement
   document.

2. the WG needs to synchronize its activities with the that of the
   OGSA-WG and other OGSA related WGs.

3. the works of the WG needs to be built on top of at least one OGSA
   profile or interface, or can be combined with at least one OGSA
   profile or interface at the same level.

In my opinion, we don't have a big issue to be going to satisfy these
requirements, so it might be good to state it in our new charter, as
the authorization component is an important part of OGSA architecture.
For the synchronization, I can be a liason between the OGSA-Authz-WG
and OGSA-WG.

Thank you,
Takuya