[OGSA-AUTHZ] Change in Working Group Chairs

dane at fnal.gov dane at fnal.gov
Mon Jun 20 19:00:56 CDT 2005

Olle and I would like to announce some followup from the discussions
at GGF13 about prospects in the future of this working group. At
GGF13, the clear consensus was to wrap up the current documents as
documenting this stage (building on SAML 1) so that current
implementations can reference a common standard.  It's also clear that
recent developments in SAML and XACML standards warrant revisiting the
OGSA-AuthZ recommendations for another round with the newer specs.

We'd like to thank Von, Rebekah and Andrew for their service as
co-Chairs of the working group and the nearing completion of the
current charter. We understand that they would like to hand off the
Chair position for the next phase. David Chadwick has volunteered to
serve as co-Chair and organize a charter revision to work on a next
generation. Von Welch has agreed to serve as co-Chair until the
current documents complete the publication cycle and until another
Chair can be found.

With this mail, we'd like to confirm David's replacement for Rebekah
and Andrew, and make a call for volunteers for a second chair for the
submission of the revised charter.

Dane and Olle,
Security AD's