[OGSA-AUTHZ] WG Last Call: Use of SAML for OGSA Authorization

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 14 18:41:29 CST 2004

I am putting the document "Use of SAML for OGSA Authorization" into
working group last call. Please send any comments to the group list
by January 10th.

As discussed at GGF12, I have taken the May 14th version (prior to
the Obligations work) made the changes indicated at the end of the
email. The resulting document is dated December 14th and can be found
in Grid Forge, or directly using the URL appended below.

I understand that at least one group member wanted to get Obligations
into this document, but I believe this document captures a vital
snapshot of implementations in its own right and should be move
forward. It can be followed by another version with Obligations. Those
feeling strongly about this are encouraged to indicated to the working
group as part of the Last Call process.

I expect to follow this with a Last Call on the Attributes document
shortly.

Von

Word version:
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=119&category_id=450&document_content_id=3227

PDF version:
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewProperties.php?group_id=119&category_id=450&document_content_id=3228

Changes from May, 2004 to December, 2004 version:

 * Added Appendix C giving an example of how GT4 creates URIs from
 WS-Addressing elements.

 * Marked Recipient field in 5.1 as depreciated since it is
 insufficient to stop replay attacks.