[ogf20pc] OGF20 & EGEE UF: Thank you

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Fri May 11 16:12:12 CDT 2007

Dear PC members,

Thank you once again for helping to organise the programme for this
week's events.  I think they went very well.  We had over 900 attend
during the course of the week and a significant number stayed for all or
most of the week.  I haven't had feedback from all the sessions but I
believe the workshops were well attended and I know the Grids Mean
Business and the dedicated EGEE sessions went very well.

A notable aspect of the week was the good interaction between the
different communities.  In particular, the colocation of the OGF and
EGEE events has helped to show both sides where standards can apply or
are needed.  The commercial delegates helped to guide the requirements
for standardisation work as well as sharing information on best
practice.  The exhibition space had a particularly good showing of
EC-funded R&D projects as well as the EGEE demos, which certainly gave
me a better picture of what these projects aim to achieve, in addition
to stands from industry sponsors and UK e-Science.

Thank you once again.

Dave Berry
Technology Lead, Grid Computing Now!  (www.gridcomputingnow.org)
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                  +44 131 651 4039