[ogf20pc] Minutes and details of next telcon

Brooklin Gore bgore at micron.com
Tue Jan 16 07:05:33 CST 2007

I will be attending this call, at least listening. I'll be on a train so
might be hesitant to unmute due to the background noise.

However, I have solicited a few speakers/talks.

It looks like we'll have a couple of speakers from Cardiff University
talking about working to help grid enable some industry partners and
possibly some grid applications they have also developed (could be up to 4
talks).

There will be one from a software measurement company about how they avoided
using a dedicated cluster and instead modified their software to work with a
customer's shared grid.

I've also informed Microsoft of OGF-20 and got some early interest, but
haven't had a specific follow-up. Dave, are you aware of engagement with MS?
(Actually I requested MS customer stories relating to grid successes,
possibly with MS software, but not MS presentations directly).

Also, I have a variety of presentations I can do ranging from Grid best
practices, success with a wide-range of applications (contrary to some
believe that grid is only good for a few application types), to a grid disk
cache model employing desktop pcs. I haven't submitted a specific talk via
the link, but let me know if you are looking for anything along the above
lines and I'm happy to fill in.

Cheers, ~Brooklin