[ogf20pc] Notes from last night's telcon

Steven Newhouse s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 01:41:20 CST 2007

 > I am _VERY_ concerned though that we are half
> considering cancelling the developer track.

I thought the purpose of the call was to rationalise the proposed
workshops into the 10/11 slots. Which I think we did. I don't recall the
discussion to cut the developer track... but I may have drifted off at
some point.

> Since a large
> part of the UK e-Science community will be there who would not normally
> attend we would be in danger of giving the impression that these two and
> these two alone are OGF recommended middleware, which bearing in mind that
> they are largely not standards based may seem an error.

The software developer track at OGF19 was very diverse and generally
well attended - and gained a lot of interest. Why oh why do we now want
to loose all of this and return to the Globus/gLite Grid Forum model!!!!

Steven