[ogf20pc] OGF20 Background info

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 16:00:20 CDT 2006

Dear PC members,

I attach some background information for tomorrow's industry track
meeting.

The file "OGF20-EGEE-timetable" shows a DRAFT outline for the event.
OGF20 will be co-located with the EGEE User Forum, with OGF running from
Mon-Wed and the EGEE event from Wed-Fri.  Wednesday will be an overlap
day, with consequent demand on session times.  Therefore I'm working on
the assumption that the industry track will focus on the first two days.
Please note that this outline is not set in stone.

The file "GCN Project Overview v2" describes the "Grid Computing Now!"
Knowledge Transfer Network, which is funding my time for this work.  The
file "GCN OGF20 Goals" describes our goals for the industry programme.
Again, these are not set in stone. The document is intended as a
starting point for defining the programme; suggestions and improvements
will be welcome.

Best wishes,

Dave Berry
Technology Lead, "Grid Computing Now!"
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA           Tel: +44 131 651 4039