[ogf20pc] Draft outline for industry track

John Brooke john.brooke at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Nov 14 08:21:13 CST 2006

Dear all,
On the local (Manchester) side we are confident that we can get at least
one locally based pharma to present. This work involves a local regional
Grid so it is a good case study for the use of such resources. I think
this work is sufficiently practical to make other similar small
bio-pharma startups see how they could apply this in their business today.

We will also work with the North West Development Agency to get other
local industry along. Areas of industrial strength in the region are
pharma, chemical engineering and aerospace. The NWDA funded the
North-West Regional Grid and have sent a letter of support for OGF20 so
their interest is strong.

I am not at SC06 but I will work on getting the above proposals firmed up.

Best wishes,
John Brooke
co-Director e-Science North-West