[Ogf19pc] OGF19 PC Call Thursday 12/14

Ann Collins collins at ogf.org
Tue Dec 12 15:02:58 CST 2006

As a reminder, we will be holding our OGF19 PC call this Thursday at 11am
CT. We will be reviewing the preliminary program and open action items. If
you have updates on your actions (listed below) please send to the group
prior to the call.

Dial-in Details:
Toll Free Dial-In Number (US & Canada): (866) 875-2241
International Dial-In Number: 1-832-445-1174
Pass Code: 8755618

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/ogf19pc

Thanks,

Ann

6) GRADIENT- Grid based Enterprise Data Integration Framework
This could have some interesting qualities. Can we have some of the
customers do the presentation? Infosys is basically a consulting company?
Can this be sponsored by one of the community groups, built on top of
OGSA-DAI? Can we converge this with the OGSA-DAI?
No Decision

15) Storage Networking Community Group (SN-CG)
Enthusiastic about trying to do this, panel session? John Hurley heading
this up. Intention is to make this a standing session. Looks like a group
session, if it's going to be a panel, we'll need a better agenda and
abstract,
ACTION: John Hurley to get more info.
APPROVE

16) OGSA-DAI Data Access and Integration Technology Update
Plan A: Merge with this with the Software Development track.
Plan B: consider joining with the Gradient proposal.

17) IPR for grid Education and Training
The PC would like to see curricula developed.  Why do they need 4 sessions?
Plan A: If there's space within group sessions, they can do as many in
there.
Plan B: In order to include this in the program, the PC would want something
more relevant; more of a subject around developing curricula and the
roadblocks around it.
ACTION: Geoffrey to send them mail regarding this and numbers 18 and 20.

18) Policies for cooperation on t-Infrastructure
Geoffrey action

19) Enterprise Grid Best Practices
Robert elaborated on the purpose of session: to brainstorm and the outcome
would be ranked list of best practices. Call it a panel or a BoF, rewrite
the abstract.
ACTION: Robert to refine and elaborate
APPROVE

20) Development of national and international Education and Training policy
Geoffrey action

23) Harmonization of the Management Specifications - an Overview
Web services convergence panel, will discuss work on specific topics. Only
concern with this is that we need to place this at a time where it doesn't
conflict with standards activities. Would this work as a kick-off on
Wednesday? ACTION: Joel to bring this up at F2F, is this worth doing in
plenary with standards guys? Or should it be a management area meeting?

24) (2 sessions) Workshop "Visualization on the Grid"
Broad enough, relates to data management too. Why are these particular
people chosen? Can we ask them to put out a call, not sure there's enough
time between now and January. Concerned that it appears to not be the world
community. ACTION: Alan to advise Dieter to broaden.

Ann M. Collins
Program Manager, Events
Open Grid Forum
15700 103rd Street, Suite 210