[Ogf19pc] Current Status of Software Providers Presentations

Geoffrey Fox gcf at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Dec 11 09:22:32 CST 2006

The following invitations in alphabetical order were made for a mix of
largely technical but at times political reasons

Condor Scheduling system
Genesis II OGSA Grid Infrastructure (Grimshaw)
Globus core Grid infrastructure
Grid-Shib Grid security
GridSphere portlet container for portals
NWS and BQP Network/Queuing Tools (Rich Wolski)
OGCE Open Grid Computing Environments collection of portlets (for
Science Gateways)
OMII core Grid infrastructure (includes OGSA-DAI and Taverna)
SRB data Grid infrastructure
Unicore core Grid infrastructure

All are one 90 minute session except Condor and Globus (each 2)
I have heard back from everybody except Condor
Time constraints are:
Wolski Monday or Friday
Unicore Wednesday afternoon or later
The total with Condor is 12 sessions

The GFSG thought this was such a great idea that they have requested OGF
to send out a general call where I have asked that we insist on software
with broad take-up else we could get 200 responses! I have one request
to talk from a group with probably good software but not of the needed
broad appeal

A few more details are in GFSG talk attached

--
:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org