Important Announcment (on behalf of Mark Linesch)

Steve Crumb scrumb at ogf.org
Tue Sep 11 09:04:46 CDT 2007

Dear OGF Members,

Today it is my great pleasure to announce that Craig Lee will become the new
President of the Open Grid Forum effective October 1, 2007.

Many of you will undoubtedly recognize Craig from his service to the grid
community since the early founding of the original Grid Forum in 1999 and
later the Global Grid Forum in 2001. Craig has deep expertise in the use of
grid and distributed system technologies in science, engineering and
business. He has been an active leader within our community at the workgroup
and Area Director levels. He understands OGF, our members, and the many
communities in which we collaborate internationally.

Craig's passion for working collaboratively with the OGF community and our
many partners around the world is well recognized by those of us who have
worked closely with him over the years. He has a great appreciation for our
history and the base of our success in research and high performance grids
for science and industry. He has also demonstrated his interest in reaching
out beyond this critical base to establish new relationships in his most
recent role as Area Director for Vendor and Software Developer Adoption
within the Enterprise Function of the OGF. Craig has worked to establish
important new relationships with organizations such as the Open Geospatial
Consortium and been a champion of increasing our efforts with the software
community on adopting OGF specifications.

A press release announcing Craig's new role as President of OGF will be
going out on the wire soon and will also be posted at the OGF website. Craig
will be delivering the keynote address at the OGF21 event being held in
Seattle, WA October 15-19 and we hope you will participate as we again meet
in forum to share, outreach and further the important work of our community.

On a personal note, I want to express my thanks to everyone for their
support and encouragement over the last several years. It has been a
pleasure to serve this community and work to further our mission together.

On behalf of the OGF Board and leadership, please join me in congratulating
Craig on his new role as President of the Open Grid Forum and offer him our
encouragement and active support.

All the best,

Mark

Mark Linesch: Open Grid Forum (OGF): Hewlett Packard
281-514-0322 (Tel): 281-414-7082 (Cell) mark.linesch at hp.com :
linesch at ogf.org