[occi-wg] A new paper on OCCIware Studio

Philippe Merle philippe.merle at inria.fr
Thu Sep 7 19:52:36 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce you that our paper "A Model-Driven Tool Chain
for OCCI" was accepted to the 25th International Conference on
Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS), Oct 2017, Rhodes, Greece.

Abstract: Open Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI) is the only open
standard for managing any kinds of cloud resources, e.g., Infrastructure
as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. However,
no model-driven tooling exists to assist OCCI users in designing,
editing, validating, generating, and managing OCCI artifacts (i.e.,
extensions that represent specific application domains and
configurations that define the running systems). In this paper, we
propose the first model-driven tool chain for OCCI called OCCIware
Studio. This tool chain is based on a metamodel defining the static
semantics for the OCCI standard in Ecore and OCL. OCCIware Studio
provides OCCI users facilities for designing, editing, validating,
generating, and managing OCCI artifacts. We detail the tooled process to
define an OCCI extension. In addition, we show how the cloud user can
leverage the generated tooling for this extension to create his own OCCI
configurations and manage them in the cloud. We illustrate our paper
with the OCCI infrastructure extension proposed to define OCCI-compliant
compute, network, and storage resources.

A preprint version of the paper is available online at
https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01583165/document.

Source code of OCCIware Studio is available at
https://github.com/occiware/OCCI-Studio.
Binary distributions for Linux, Windows, MacOS are available at
https://github.com/occiware/OCCI-Studio/releases.

Your comments are welcome.

A+
Philippe