[occi-wg] Input for column on IoT

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Mon Sep 4 03:46:22 EDT 2017

I'm happy to announce that the OCCI-IoT paper has been finally accepted and
is now available on ieee-xplore (https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2017.2734068)
and upon request.

In a nutshell, the paper introduces an OCCI extension to configure and
manage a multilayer IoT infrastructure made of sensors and aggregators. It
is strongly related with OCCI-monitoring, but the terminology is different
to adhere to an IEEE recommendation. A working example gives an "hands on"
idea of how it works. I consider to proceed further on this way, since the
extension is not formally stated, and I'd like to have a convincing
design/prototype of the engine.

If anybody in this group wants to discuss about this in person, I'll be at
the WiMob conference in Rome to present a (IoT but otherwise unrelated)
paper.

In addition, I'd like to encourage an OCCI informal meeting: we have new
results (consider also the robots in France, and maybe others I do not know
about) that confirm the value of the current release of the proposed
standard, and it would be interesting to meet and discuss them. If there is
an interest on that, please send a 'like'. I'll be happy to host an
unconference event in Pisa.

Bye

Augusto