[occi-wg] Special Session at CLOSER (and why it's not in my plans)

Boris Parak xparak at mail.muni.cz
Thu Feb 9 14:13:01 EST 2017

Hi guys,

first of all, thank you both for kick-starting the discussion and
offering to host such an event.

That sounds like a sensible idea. We definitely need to start meeting
regularly if we want to push OCCI forward and co-locating the meetings
with expensive conferences doesn't really make sense anymore. IMO,
no-fee non-conference meeting could be the way to go.

Since the number of people in attendance will not be large, we can
organize it almost anywhere. I guess we could set up a rotating
schedule and always host the meeting at one of our home institutions.
If we can meet f2f at least once or twice a year and combine it with
monthly virtual meetings, it should work nicely.

I'm fairly certain that I will be able to include CESNET (Prague, CZ)
in that rotation ... completing a nice European triangle :-)

I will get back to you ASAP regarding my attendance at such an event.

What about the rest of the group? Any preferences, ideas, comments?
Who would consider attending (with regards to location)?

Cheers, Boris