[occi-wg] JSON Rendering

Boris Parak xparak at mail.muni.cz
Thu Feb 9 08:11:33 EST 2017

Dear Jamie,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Jamie Marshall <ijm667 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I have been looking at the specifications for the JSON rendering, dated 19th
> September 2016, for the OCCI 1.2 version with an aim to implementing this
> for the current version of my cloud provisioning software.
>

> I am a little confused about the rendering to be performed for collections
> of resource identifiers that would be returned by a
>

> GET /compute/
>

> The specification seems to suggest that complete resource instance
> renderings are to be returned instead of the previous short hand list of
> locations.

this behavior is controlled by the 'Accept' HTTP header (generally, by
the requested content type). If you wish to receive just a list of
URIs, use 'text/uri-list'. If you wish to receive a collection of
instance renderings, use 'application/json'. In case of JSON, the
latter will indeed return full renderings.

> Could somebody please confirm this for me.
>

> Thanking you in advance.
>

> Sincerely
>
> Jamie Marshall
>
> AMENESIK SARL