[occi-wg] Special Session about OCCI at Closer 2016

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Mar 22 11:08:33 EDT 2016

Hi Augusto,

Thanks for this information. A couple of points and observations are below.

   1) When I suggested a special session for an OCCI WG meeting, it was with the idea in mind that of course OGF sessions that result in contributions to documents need to be run according to OGF IP rules, with sign-in sheets and acknowledgement forms etc. in order to protect the integrity of the IP process that produces these documents. Hence these are usually extra, separate sessions that are not mixed with conference sessions.

  2) Thijs has separately clarified that the OCCI 1.2 document set is considered complete, and I believe that it is in front of the OGF GFSG now for final review. Jens can clarify its exact status. If there are any changes that are needed to this document set before publication, we need to know right away.

My suggestion for an implementation community group would be to gather people together specifically around the idea of promoting progress on OCCI 1.2 implementations as rapidly as possible to take advantage of the recent document work. Of course, people are welcome to present conference papers and talks as they like, but I was hoping to encourage a more coordinated effort.

Please let us know if you need OGF sign-in sheets for a document-oriented meeting for the items proposed by Boris, and if it will be possible to arrange a special session to focus on this (or on the community implementation group) beyond the papers at the conference itself.

Alan