[occi-wg] Draft of OCCI 1.1 profile for VM templates/flavours

Boris Parak xparak at mail.muni.cz
Thu Mar 19 05:32:33 EDT 2015

Hello Philippe,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 1:00 AM, Philippe Merle <philippe.merle at inria.fr> wrote:
> Hello Boris,
>
> I have one comment on your OCCI Compute Resource Templates.
> This specification does not explicitly define in which category (Kind or
> Mixin) the attribute eu.egi.fedcloud.occi.compute.ephemeral is defined.
> It could be defined in each of the six mixins or as I did it could be
> defined in an ephemeral mixin inherited by the six mixins.
> I prefer the second solution, which factorizes common elements of the six
> mixins.

it might not be explicitly mentioned there, but we adopted the first
approach you mentioned. We had a few reasons for doing that:

1.) the whole point of that attribute is setting a default value
different for each of those six mixins ; therefore it would have to be
"included" in all of them anyway ... and in a separate additional
mixin if we adopted the second approach (6 vs. 7 mixins with that
attribute)

2.) we do not use OCCI for modeling purposes, features such as
attribute inheritance from related mixins are not implemented ; this
means that defining an attribute in one mixin and setting a default
value for that attribute in a different related mixin wouldn't work

3.) this is all about practical applications for OCCI Infrastructure ;
we made it as simple as possible

If that makes any sense to you ...

> A+
> Philippe