[occi-wg] Participation requested in Cloud Plugfest 16

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Mar 18 13:27:19 EDT 2015

Dear OCCI and NSI work group members,

Your participation is requested at the virtual Cloud Plugfest all next week and in-person sessions to take place Friday March 27 at the location of the GEC 22 / US Ignite / OGF 43 and GLIF meetings, the latter being the Hilton Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia. All OGF working and community groups are welcome, and I will send a separate message more widely to OGF and other SDO working groups, but there will be special interest in current implementations of OCCI and NSI at this session, and I would like therefore to ask you to participate specially.

Information on the Cloud Plugfest series, which OGF supports as one of the co-sponsors, is available on the website at http://cloudplugfest.org

Participation is free of course remotely, and free in person for all GEC 22/OGF 43 registered participants.  We will be providing in-person access on Friday for the Cloud Plugfest sessions only, which take place after the conclusion of the GEC, at no cost through a special arrangement with a Cloud Plugfest sponsor.

Registration is requested, even if you are only participating remotely.  This will help us to identify the servers and client implementations that will be available for testing.  For those of you who have participated in our plugfests before, this will be familiar territory. If you are a new participant in these events, please send me a message or write to the provided contact address of info at cloudplugfest.org if you have any questions.

These events depend on you participating to make your servers and client implementations available for testing by the community.  They are a good vehicle to exchange information among developers, and we have a list of past participants also that makes a good resource for further contacts.

Please register at http://cloudplugfest.org and bring your talent and expertise to this event.

One special note is that we will be demonstrating the use of the US Chameleon and CloudLab testbed-as-a-service environments at this event, fresh from demonstrations to take place earlier that week at the conference.  If you would like to sign up for an account on either or both of these services ahead of time, please do so at http://chameleoncloud.org and look for and join the "FG-176 Cloud Interoperability Testbed" project, and/or at http://cloudlab.us and look for and join the "cacnetworking" project.  These are requested by my center and approved for use in interoperability tests. Each supports at minimum an OpenStack environment now, and other cloud software environments can be added as needed (see the user guides for more details).

Thanks very much and I hope to see you in person or virtually soon next week!

Alan

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Director, Center for Cloud and Autonomic Computing at TTU
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, Texas Tech University
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum