[occi-wg] OCCI relations extension

Sami Yangui sami.yangui at telecom-sudparis.eu
Wed Mar 19 05:50:48 EDT 2014

Hi Jean and all,

I think we should look at how  TOSCA or AWS CloudFormation made ​​for the definition and management of links relationships between their resources.

For example, in TOSCA, the Service Template contains a Topology Template that describes the Relationships between all the Nodes of the application. It contains also, a Plan element that describes the operational management behavior for these Nodes. Relationships between Nodes are expressed using XML-based language provided by TOSCA. I have not yet looked to OpenTosca (an open source implem of TOSCA) but I think we can find concrete examples in there.

CloudFormation uses also predefined templates principle to describe, among others, required links between the different needed Amazon resources before provisioning step. The templates are JSON-based.

I think that an OCCI relations extension must verify and aggregate all existing models/templates of Cloud resource links.

Sami.