[occi-wg] erocci

Boris Parak xparak at mail.muni.cz
Fri Jan 24 10:56:28 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Jean Parpaillon
<jean.parpaillon at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Boris,
> Ooops, my mistake: I confirm erocci parses resource instance in a
> "resources" object, not "kinds".
> On the other hand, in JSON spec draft (version from april 29th 2013),
> "id" and "title" are not in the "attributes" object, but at the same
> level as "kind". Has it changed ?
>
> To be honest, I don't have any preference, we just have to agree and let
> say the first implementation wins :)

I'm actually not sure, Florian should be able to shed some light on
this. I seem to remember a private discussion with him about occi.core
attributes and how they are not actually that different from other
attributes ... I know we decided to include UUID as 'occi.core.id' in
attributes and as top-level 'id' to stay compatible. Otherwise, I
prefer the all-in-one approach for attributes.

> To clarify, in the document I use, the rendering is:
> {
>    "resources": [
>      {
>        "kind": "http://schemas.ogf.org/occi/infrastructure#compute",
>         "id": "10c0d368-b096-4923-b21a-a9d026008d05",
>         "title": "ThisPC",
>        "attributes": {
>          "occi": {
>            "compute": {
>              "architecture": "x86",
>              "cores": 1,
>              "hostname": "pc001",
>               "memory": 5,
>              "speed": 4000,
>              "state": "inactive"
>            }
>          }
>        },
>        "id": "10c0d368-b096-4923-b21a-a9d026008d05"
>      }
>    ]
>  }
>
> Jean