[occi-wg] OCCI model for job submission and scheduling

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Wed Feb 19 17:12:08 EST 2014

Dear all,

> In terms of use of batch and local resource adapters, job control, etc., you probably want to look at the OCCI DRMAA binding work now in progress. I believe an advanced draft exists, and Peter can provide you with a link to or copy of the JOGC article on this topic about to be published.

you can find the current status of the OCCI-DRMAA spec here:

http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/drmaav2-occi-binding/repository

The development of this document is on-hold, until the OCCI-WG officially clarifies the pagination problem. Beside this, there are also some smaller pain points mentioned in the PDF. Just check the repo. Everything in the current document was already cross-checked by OCCI experts, and seemed to make sense so far.

There is also a journal article about the OCCI-DRMAA concepts. I can send it directly to you, if you are interested.

I wasn't aware of the job consideration in CompatibleOne. We definitely should synchronize the ideas with the DRMAA-OCCI ideas, so that the resulting standard fits to existing implementation experiences. I am open for any discussion in this direction …

Best regards,
Peter.