[occi-wg] Slides about OCCI monitoring

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Sat Sep 21 09:03:21 EDT 2013

Dear Augusto,

Le 20/09/2013 16:26, Augusto Ciuffoletti a écrit :
> No, there is no running code for the API, and I understand that a piece
> of running demo is needed. On the other hand, when I consider this as a
> target for my activity, I have problems to identify an attainable and
> significant goal: an API that allows to configure a ping between two
> OpenStack VMs is meaningless, but expensive. Usability is a key factor
> that is not demonstrated by one use case. Performance shoudn't be an
> issue: it is an interface to define the infrastructure, not the
> infrastructure itself.
>
> I read the presentation by Parpaillon, and the idea to represent in XML
> the monitoring extension came to my mind: the question is if this is
> considered as "running". Or, better, to what extent this operation might
> be considered at least as a "proof of concept". Who is going to be
> convinced by that?

A first version of XML representation of OCCI has been implemented in
CompatibleOne. Nevertheless, there were no generic XML schema to
represent OCCI types. My proposal aims at fullfilling this need.
Main objectives are to be able to implement (draft of) specifications as
quickly as possible in a framework independant way (rOCCI, pyOCNI,
etc.), ie through an XML document.

Nevertheless, this proposal has not been implemented yet. I am currently
writing an OCCI framework (erocci) in erlang which will accept
specifications as XML document, but this is not finished :/

I suppose as soon as the XML representation will be commented and
implemented, other framework will use it.

I will keep you informed as soon as the framework wil be functional
enough to test your draft with it.

Best regards,
Jean