[occi-wg] Slides about OCCI monitoring

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Fri Sep 20 10:26:55 EDT 2013

No, there is no running code for the API, and I understand that a piece of
running demo is needed. On the other hand, when I consider this as a target
for my activity, I have problems to identify an attainable and significant
goal: an API that allows to configure a ping between two OpenStack VMs is
meaningless, but expensive. Usability is a key factor that is not
demonstrated by one use case. Performance shoudn't be an issue: it is an
interface to define the infrastructure, not the infrastructure itself.

I read the presentation by Parpaillon, and the idea to represent in XML the
monitoring extension came to my mind: the question is if this is considered
as "running". Or, better, to what extent this operation might be considered
at least as a "proof of concept". Who is going to be convinced by that?

This is probably the next question: given that the problem is defined, and
that the approach to the solution is convincing (110 views during one week
makes one result), we (as a group) should define what kind of result would
be able to foster adoption of a solution, which is the final goal. And I
need help on that way.

Augusto