[occi-wg] XML to represent an instance

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Tue Nov 12 05:15:42 EST 2013

Hi Augusto,

Le 06/11/2013 09:55, Augusto Ciuffoletti a écrit :
> Hi Jean,
>
> I browsed your xml, and, at first sight, it is OK. You raise two points
> that I tried to implement in a problematic way, so to raise comments:
>
> -) mixins: depending on the way you specify the schema their content may
> become indistinguishable from other attributes. I think that they should
> (unlike in my xml), to allow different implementations for the same
> solution (i.e., distinct providers may offer distinct mixins to
> implement the same entity). Which is probably the same concept that you
> mean with the "bijection", right?

No. I suppose the term was not correct ;)
What I meant is: if the XML description allows distinction of mixin's
attributes, text/plain can not. In this case, one can translate from xml
description to text/plain but not the other way.

> -) inline links are introduced in the "infrastructure" document. I hope
> that my interpretation is correct. It is true that in this way a link is
> hidden inside the resource. So this is a critical issue in the
> infrastructure document that should be resolved, or simply clarified

Could you point the section where it appears ? I can not find it.

> Indeed, the xml wants to reflect the system in the paper: kind of an
> exercise for myself.
>
> Augusto

Regards,
Jean