[occi-wg] XML to represent an instance

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Fri Nov 1 07:38:24 EDT 2013

Hi,
The occi.xsd schema is supposed to allow also instance representations,
or better link and resource in OCCI terms.

There is only one element missing to group instances of a user request.
In CompatibleOne project, we have defined the 'manifest' element for that.

I have tried to express your xml document with the occi.xsd. It is in
attchment and I have the following comments:
- in occi.xsd, entities attributes are a flat list: there is no
distinction between attributes from mixins or from the kind the entity
is an instance of. This is the same for text/plain or text/occi
representation but I think we should leverage XML grammar for grouping
them in mixins when necessary. The problem is it will break the
bijection between representations.
- I may be wrong, but inline links break the resource oriented model
because every entity (including link) should be accessible with an URI.

Is the attached document describe the same system you described in
example.xml or have I misunderstood it ?

Best regards,
Jean