[occi-wg] OCCI-Monitoring paper

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Mon Sep 24 04:11:30 EDT 2012

Jamie,

thank you for your interest in my work. I'll be glad to have you and
Jean-Pierre as co-authors.

The topic is complex, but some concepts are presently quite accepted: that
the sensor has to be treated as a separate entity, that there are many ways
to publish data, that metrics are too many to afford a list etc. I tried to
put in the paper only concepts that are rather assessed, but nonetheless
you are right when you say that there are some that deserve better
discussion. And demonstration is always needed (and welcome by the
audience, not by the demonstrator...).

My plans about the paper is to leave it untouched until mid October,
waiting for comments. After that time we might re-process it, in view of a
nearly final version in November and closing the document in January.
Whatever it is: a document of ours, a white paper, a conference submission
or an OGF document.

Bye

Augusto