[occi-wg] Fwd: NIST SAJACC working group meeting Tuesday, Oct. 16 2012, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Mon Oct 15 14:40:15 EDT 2012

For this who have not yet been involved in the work of the NIST SAJACC working group to define and refine definitions of use cases for cloud computing operations suitable for resting, this would be a good time to pay attention.  This is a direct effort to define use case scenarios that are relevant to current software and standards, even those under development, and to invite community input into this process.

For those who have been involved up to now, thank you, and this is the time to encourage your colleagues to join tomorrow's meeting and help us make progress against the task of breaking down recently gathered use case documents into testable pieces, a la the previous successful round of NIST SAJACC efforts, and to define and refine scenarios from these that are amenable to testing and demonstration of applicability of available standards, software and implementations.

The previous round was very successful in this regard.  Source code and documentation of earlier tests are available on the NIST SAJACC page:

	http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-cloud-computing/bin/view/CloudComputing/SAJACC

You can join the working group lists for this or any of the NIST working groups on the NIST CC sign-up page:

	http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/workinggroups.cfm

We will most likely NOT post further announcements except on the CC_SAJACC list, so please be sure to sign up if you want more information.  We are only posting this notice and reminder as a one-time invitation and announcement.  (Apologies for the extra traffic if you have already received this notice; we wanted to get the word out about this phase, and believe this work is directly related to the output of your working groups.)

Begin forwarded message: