[occi-wg] Today's confcall, items to the agenda

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Tue Oct 2 10:41:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:10:38 -0600, Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Pagination
>> ----------
>> Is the JSON rendering ready for pagination?
>>
>> If we follow the OpenStack approach to pagination (in the future
version
>> of the HTTP rendering doc) almost everything can go into the HTTP
request
>> parameters. All good.
>>
>> However, the ability for a client to distinguish between a full
>> collection
>> response and a partial paginated response is IMO still unresolved.
>>
>> Adding a "total collection size" item in the JSON response is one
>> solution. Another solution is for the client to ask an extra request to
>> see
>> if there is more data to retrieve.

> I don't like the approach taken with openstack for numerous reasons.
> There is little understanding of query subtleties and the greater issue
> of query interface and capability.

We can safely leave the discussion of the OpenStack pagination approach to
a later date.

What we need to figure out now however is if the payload (JSON in this
case) must be able to transfer pagination information or not.

Pagination is a task for an update of the HTTP Rendering document and when
that happens we do not want a situation where the JSON data format must be
changed.

>> Attribute properties
>> --------------------
>> Have you all looked at the Attribute type in OCCI Core errata? Is
>> everything there now?
>>
>> I remember Florian talked about an optional "description" property.
>> Should
>> we add that as well?

> What is the verdict on the core document, a new comment phase or errata
?

My working assumption is errata since the changes are (IMO) either just
editorial or minor technical fixes.

regards, Ralf