[occi-wg] JSON Rendering

Edmonds Andrew (edmo) edmo at zhaw.ch
Thu Jun 28 04:03:44 EDT 2012

After the git detour, inline...

On 26/06/2012 21:25, "Feldhaus, Florian" <florian.feldhaus at gwdg.de> wrote:

>A short summary of the changes / open questions:
>- should the description of locations and category namespaces go to OCCI
>Core?

A modified version. Some of what's in the current text is more appropriate
for an experience document. I would only keep the contents of line 86. The
rest can go elsewhere. Also if someone wants to bind 'entity' to a
namespace then I can't see why the spec should limit them.

>- should the Attribute Definition (or whatever we call it) go to OCCI
>Core?

Yes, at least what's already there should be expanded upon.

>- how should applicable actions be associated with resources?

Please keep this as close to what we already have in text/plain.

>In
>text/plain this is done by linking to them. We discussed to include
>actions as separate entry in resource but didn't specify how. Do we want
>to do it? Should the resource contain a full rendering of the action?
>Should we include an association between Resource and Action in OCCI Core?
>- should actions be rendered as part of links? Are there scenarios where
>an action can be triggered on a link? If so, should we include an
>association between Link and Action in OCCI Core?

Are there? In your view, what's a concrete usage of an action being
applied on a link and does OCCI already support an alternative? I remember
we once talked about this way back in Brussels using the case of
(de)activating a network link via action. This is perhaps one example that
might drive the use of link + action.

>- Do we have to specify an attribute type as used within resource and
>link in contrast to the attribute definition type?

Got an illustrating example?

>- Should we limit attributes to just strings? Then we don¹t need the type
>property and can use the pattern to define arbitrary restrictions on the
>content. When using true/false and number as well, we might have trouble
>with applying the pattern and introduce additional complexity.

What does the JSON spec say? Let's not overload JSON semantics.