[occi-wg] JSON Rendering

Feldhaus, Florian florian.feldhaus at gwdg.de
Tue Jun 26 15:25:31 EDT 2012

A short summary of the changes / open questions:
- should the description of locations and category namespaces go to OCCI Core?
- should the Attribute Definition (or whatever we call it) go to OCCI Core?
- how should applicable actions be associated with resources? In text/plain this is done by linking to them. We discussed to include actions as separate entry in resource but didn't specify how. Do we want to do it? Should the resource contain a full rendering of the action? Should we include an association between Resource and Action in OCCI Core?
- should actions be rendered as part of links? Are there scenarios where an action can be triggered on a link? If so, should we include an association between Link and Action in OCCI Core?
- Do we have to specify an attribute type as used within resource and link in contrast to the attribute definition type?
- Should we limit attributes to just strings? Then we don’t need the type property and can use the pattern to define arbitrary restrictions on the content. When using true/false and number as well, we might have trouble with applying the pattern and introduce additional complexity.

Cheers,
Florian