[occi-wg] Reminder: FutureGrid testbed project for cloud interoperability tests open

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Jan 10 21:01:25 EST 2012

Reminder for OCCI-WG members: we have requested and gotten approval for hosting a set of client/server functionalities for any cloud standards interoperability tests that are of interest on the FutureGrid project that I would like to make available to all.

To join the FutureGrid project (which does NOT require that you share your code or implementations, although we encourage it), you can first get a portal account (free) at the FutureGrid Portal at http://portal.futuregrid.org

Then look for the "Cloud Interoperability Testbed" project and submit a request to join it.  I would appreciate an e-mail from you also when you submit the request, so I can know your affiliation and interest, but the intent is to keep access to this project open to anyone with a legitimate need to test cloud software, especially standards-based software, in conformance with the goals of this project, which are very similar to (or at least related to) those of SAJACC.

This testbed was designed to promote explorations of new and emerging technologies for distributed computing, and our cloud standards testing seemed a good fit to the project goals.

"Getting started" information is available at the Support --> getting started link in the portal, or directly at https://portal.futuregrid.org/gettingstarted

Machine images are available for a variety of operating systems and can be customized as needed and saved for future reference.  They are not intended to be left running for long periods, but can be spun up and down for testing as needed.

If this proves useful, I would be interested in building a collection of images that could be used to demonstrate various use case tests and run arbitrarily by users who are members of the project.  The machine image that you  install can be provisioned with your choice of interface, and is not limited to the FutureGrid interfaces or to Nimbus (i.e., you can use the project to demonstrate a different framework or component as needed).

Please let me know if you find this useful and/or have any questions.

Thanks!

Alan