[occi-wg] OCCI Monitoring API

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Wed Dec 19 05:15:57 EST 2012

Dear all,

following the extremely fruitful meeting in Zurich, here is the revision of
the proposed document. A few anticipations about the content:

   - the concepts are always the same: abstraction from short-lived details
   using mixins, extract/aggregate/publish pipe for the measurements
   - the syntax is different: I tried to make it simpler and more powerful:
   only 2 kinds in the model (one resource and one link), but the monitoring
   infrastructure may be hierarchical from 0 to n levels
   - a section about conformance levels has been added: the monitoring API
   is optional, so we need to define a level 0 to avoid confusion. The other
   two levels corresponds to the capability of creating user mixins (level 2)
   or not (level 1)
   - there is a detailed example of a simple case using an HTTP rendering

You can directly interact with the LaTeX document if you like, though the
pdf is attached as well.

The LaTeX document is available on a specific collaboration platform:
www.writeLatex.com. It is possible to update the document, but I ask you to
follow these simple instruction, to avoid to lose the control of the
document. If you want to add a note, please use the \rem command, whose
usage is described by the following example:

\rem{Augusto Ciuffoletti}{My comment goes here}

placed near the sentence you want to comment. A footnote will be generated
("My comment goes here"), signed with your id ("Augusto Ciuffoletti").

You can access the document here
https://www.writelatex.com/26835vgbcrcwithout authentication needed.
The browser window is divided into two
parts: on one side you can edit the source, on the other you see the
updated document view. You can also download the pdf or a zip of the
current state of the document. There is no "revision history", so it is
impossible to "undo" a change.

Augusto

--
Augusto Ciuffoletti