[occi-wg] Request for current input on OCCI - please respond by early Wed. 21 September!

florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 20 14:13:35 CDT 2011

Hi Alan,

Just some short unstructured summary from my side.

During the last OGF we were working on:
- Create / Read / Delete Storage / Network / Compute resources using OCCI
1.1
- Upload VM images as multipart messages using OCCI storage objects
- text/plain and text/occi rendering tested
- first steps for json rendering
- Created a bunch of example OCCI 1.1 requests for testing (see [1])
- Successfully tested creation of Storagelinks to CDMI objects. Support
for Storagelinks in OpenNebula backend. This means, that we should be able
to create a VM with CDMI storage using OCCI and OpenNebula. Unfortunately
we haven't had enough time to test if this indeed works with a non-dummy
instance of OpenNebula.
- Preparation (draft) to add advanced CDMI support to OpenNebula 3.0 to
enable full OCCI/CDMI integration. This will enable OpenNebula to benefit
from advanced Storage capabilities like deduplication, thin provisioning,
snapshotting etc. if offered by the CDMI server. This work is coordinated
with the OpenNebula development team.
- Active participation in the recently announced OpenNebula
Interoperability mailinglist (see [2])
- Skeleton of a combined open source OCCI/CDMI test suite (see [3]). If
the OCCI WG agrees, we can integrate the existing OCCI test suite with
this one or at least coordinate the work. The OCMI-tester should focus on
interoperability and OCCI/CDMI integration testing.

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/ogf-occi/wiki/Exmple_requests
[2] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:community:interoperability
[3] https://github.com/livenson/ocmi-tester

That's it for now. I'm currently working on some slides for tomorrow and
will send them to you as soon as I arrive in Lyon.

Cheers,
Florian