[occi-wg] Validating the Cloud on, well, the Cloud

Alan Sill alansill at highenergy.phys.ttu.edu
Mon Oct 10 16:41:16 CDT 2011

An increasing number of the tests for Ralf's interface demo at http://www.nyren.net/api
  are failing using the appspot version... is this because of changes
in the test code or changes in the implementation example?

Thanks!

Alan

On Apr 2, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Ralf Nyren wrote:

> Nice work!
>
> Ran the tests on my occi-py demo and got some unexpected failures.
> Thijs
> standalone test-program works fine.
>
> I did some digging and it appears some of the tests does not properly
> specify 'Accept: text/occi' where header rendering is expected. text/
> plain
> is the default now. Just to verify I changed back to text/occi as the
> default in my demo and then the tests went through.
>
> /Ralf
>
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:57:59 +0200, <alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
> >
> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> in a moment of boredom, I rewrote Thijs' OCCI testing tool to run in
>> Google App Engine (GAE).
>>
>> Please take a look at
>>
>>  http://doyouspeakocci.appspot.com
>>
>> for the application (and, of course, try your service) and see
>>
>>  https://github.com/lxndrp/doyouspeakocci/
>>
>> for the source code of the application.
>>
>> The code is largely undocumented, but not very difficult to
>> understand,
>> if you are (like me) a fairly bad Python programmer and ever heard of
>> Django Templates. If you find anything that you wish to improve, feel
>> free to do so. A few rules of thumb for this:
>>
>> 1. Although the code is released under LGPL2, I consider it
>> "AdviseWare": when making an improvement, let me know where I was too
>> stupid to get it right in the first place.
>> 2. Remember that GAE has certain restrictions in what can be done and
>> how you can do it. See http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/appengine/docs/
>> for details.
>> 3. Before making a change, create a ticket in the GitHub tracker.
>> 4. During making a change, remember to add some documentation (for
>> new
>> classes and defs) or at least comments (close to your change).
>> 5. After making a change, enjoy the fuzzy feeling of having
>> contributed
>> to the community.
>>
>> Even if you are not a Python developer, you can help out: the pages
>> served by the application look, ahem, bad. So if you happen to be an
>> HTML/CSS expert, your help is more than appreciated. Ultimately, the
>> testing tool should look similar to the web pages at http://occi-wg.org
>> (ask Andy whether you can feel free to steal stuff from there for the
>> GAE app!).
>>
>> Hoping you will enjoy the tool, my mind demands some rest now and
>> advises me to be off for a few beers.
>>
>> Best,
>> Alexander

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-834-5940  fax 806-834-4358  :