[occi-wg] OCCI client and server demo at Cloud Standards Customer Council Quarterly Meeting

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Nov 9 12:59:49 CST 2011

Dear OCCI folks,

Please note the following agenda item at the CSCC Quarterly Meeting,
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Santa Clara, CA USA

13:00  - 13:45

Live Cloud Demonstration

This presentation will be a live demo of the creation and running of a
cloud based on new OGF standards, as well as a discussion of the work
the OGF Cloud Interoperability Working Group is doing.

http://www.cloudstandardscustomercouncil.org/121311/agenda.htm

Details:

All those who wish to participate or show some material there, please
coordinate with Florian.  We will be doing the demos like we did at
the NIST workshop, through remote presentation with a video backup.
All material that you wish to present in a public setting with respect
to cloud interoperability, clients and/or the OCCI and related specs
in general is OK to show at this session

We are working towards the official kickoff of the CI-WG via a BoF at
OGF 34 in Oxford March 2012, but are already taking action towards
that goal, and no problems with getting started.  Florian has
graciously agreed to lead the OGF cloud interoperability group during
its transition, and the parameters, scope and charter of the group are
under discussion for presentation at OGF 34.  If you would like to get
involved, now is the time; invite your friends, and let's get going.

(Note: This work extends from Cloud Interoperabilty work started in
the context of various server and client demos started in the OGF OCCI
group, informed by interactions with various infrastructure server and
client tools and projects of which we are aware, and stimulated by
plug-fests and similar projects we have been involved with.

If you have been participating in any of those up to now, please do
pay attention to any applicable confidentiality agreements you may
have agreed to abide by, and only release information that is in the
public domain.  The OGF- CI-WG will be charged explicitly with
producing public documents and will conform to the usual OGF
intellectual policy rules and procedures as outlined in GFD.152, so
please be sure if you present that you understand these rules, which
are designed to keep OGF open!)

Alan

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-834-5940  fax 806-834-4358  :