[occi-wg] HTTP rendering doc out of public comment

Thijs Metsch tmetsch at platform.com
Wed Mar 30 09:17:06 CDT 2011

+1 much better :-) Thanks Ralf!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Nyren [mailto:ralf at nyren.net]
Sent: Wed 30.03.2011 15:58
To: Thijs Metsch
Cc: occi-wg at ogf.org
Subject: Re: HTTP rendering doc out of public comment

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:16:33 +0200, Thijs Metsch <tmetsch at platform.com>

> well indeed quick and dirty :-) I see you're point and would suggest we

> express the mutability in the query interface but for all attributes...

Sounds good to me, then we need to figure out a format to express this.

Proposal

========

ABNF update (see section 3.5.1 in draft HTTP Rendering doc):

----

attribute-list = attribute-def | attribute-def *( 1*SP attribute-def)

attribute-def = attribute-name | attribute-name "{" attribute-property *(

1*SP attribute-property) "}"

attribute-property = "immutable" | "required"

----

The logic would be as follows:

If no attribute properties are defined the attribute is _mutable_ and

non-required (i.e. multiplicity 0..x).

If the "immutable" property is set the attribute is immutable.

If the "required" property is set the attribute has a multiplicity of

1..x, i.e. must be specified.

/Ralf