[occi-wg] HTTP rendering doc out of public comment

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Mar 30 08:58:40 CDT 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:16:33 +0200, Thijs Metsch <tmetsch at platform.com>

> well indeed quick and dirty :-) I see you're point and would suggest we
> express the mutability in the query interface but for all attributes...

Sounds good to me, then we need to figure out a format to express this.

Proposal
========

ABNF update (see section 3.5.1 in draft HTTP Rendering doc):

----
attribute-list = attribute-def | attribute-def *( 1*SP attribute-def)
attribute-def = attribute-name | attribute-name "{" attribute-property *(
1*SP attribute-property) "}"
attribute-property = "immutable" | "required"
----

The logic would be as follows:

If no attribute properties are defined the attribute is _mutable_ and
non-required (i.e. multiplicity 0..x).
If the "immutable" property is set the attribute is immutable.
If the "required" property is set the attribute has a multiplicity of
1..x, i.e. must be specified.

/Ralf