[occi-wg] OCCI Security Considerations

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Mar 29 17:10:26 CDT 2011

These changes look good to me.  My only request would be to have the
group come to agreement and to please get the revised text into the
tracker ASAP, including updated references if needed, by the end of
this week if at all possible.

This will allow the Standards Council to take up the close of the GFSG
final review by the time of its next meeting, which is currently
scheduled for next Monday April 4.  Having updated text by the end of
this week will give us adequate time to review the changes in context
with the rest of the document content.

Thanks very much.

Alan

On Mar 25, 2011, at 2:13 AM, alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de wrote:

> Folks,
>
> during the week (and in the general discussion before), concerns
> have been raised regarding the overly simple security considerations
> in the OCCI family of specifications. This aspect also came up as
> part of the group discussion in this week's sessions.
>
> Andre Merzky and I tried to sum up those concerns and create a more
> elaborate text for the "Security Considerations" sections of the
> three documents. Please find the current draft of these sections
> attached to this email.
>
> We additionally have them online in a Google Docs document for
> easier collaborative editing. Please let me know if you want access
> to it.
>
> Feedback would be very welcome; please reply ASAP so that we can
> close the tracker items and finally get a P-REC!
>
> Best,
> Alexander
> <OCCISecurityConsiderations.txt><ATT00001..txt>

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics, TTU
Vice President of Standards, Open Grid Forum

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Drane 162, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :