[occi-wg] occi-wg Digest, Vol 24, Issue 13

Eugene Luster eugene.luster1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:44:38 CST 2011

Hello all,

I agree with Gary.  <...prepare for a nano-rant...and one caveat>

Caveat: Bob and Cary persevered against a challenging timetable and
incorporating many suggestions (and likely lost a bit of sleep) to submit
this paper on time.  Under these circumstances, it is a job well done.

To reinforce, this paper is like a cloud computing RA shopping list.  It is
a "melange" (I hope this means what I think it means) of reference
architecture concepts from both SDOs and commercial bodies.   Though this
paper is not as focused as I would desire, it attempts to present NIST with
valuable ideas to ponder.

I would like NIST to consider modifying the diagram similar with Michael's
suggestion though I differ a bit with regards to security.  My concept for
security ideally, would be more pervasive.  Perhaps a blanket covering all
aspects.

The OCCI wg holds enough independent SDO prestige that any suggestions would
be well considered by NIST.  So if you have any recommendations, please send
them to Alan (Mr. Sills has been working a very difficult path guiding NIST,
if someone actually sees Alan, please pat him on the back for me) or this
wg.

If I can get home from Japan, I will send in recommendations.

Take care,
  Eugene