[occi-wg] Link specification

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Sep 1 15:38:45 CDT 2010

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:32:18 +0200, Csom Gyula <csom at interface.hu> wrote:

> [1] action on resource delete
> The working draft specifies the behaviour of deleting links (ie. "An
> OCCI server MUST NOT
> delete the associated Resources upon receiving a client DELETE request
> for a Link.").
>
> It's counter part should be also defined, ie. the behaviour of deletion
> of associated resources.
> Should the server automatically delete links, as well (CASCADE DELETE
> behaviour)? Or
> should it prevent from deleting a resource, if there's a link pointing
> to it? Or should it be
> configurable either per link instance or link type?

As Andy says this is already defined by the model definition in
Core&Models. We should add the necessary text to make this clear in
writing as well though.

> [3] built in link types
> The working draft enables subtyping links: "An OCCI server MAY enforce
> additional
> attributes at creation time if the link has been subtyped using
> additional categories."

Actually the Core & Models document already allow for Links to be
subtyped. The above statement says that a server is allowed to refuse a
Link from being created if some attribute of the subtype is not present.
In other words, a Link subtype can have mandatory attributes.

regards, Ralf