[occi-wg] Feature Freeze for OCCI Core & Model

alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Oct 15 13:14:08 CDT 2010

Am 15.10.2010 um 17:26 schrieb Ralf Nyren:

> There are a few items I would like to clear out before a complete feature
> freeze of Core.
>
> - Have there been a decision on whether to solve the Link "source"
> attribute problem in HTTP rendering or in Core? If decided to solve this
> in Core changes are necessary. I vote for adding the Link "source"
> attribute workaround to HTTP rendering doc _only_.

+1

> - I believe it is mostly decided to not use the
> http://scheme.ogf.org/occi/core#tag Category for user-defined Categories.
> If so, no changes needed to Core. But if not, changes would be necessary.
> I vote for skipping the "tag" Category altogether since it is unnecessary.
> User-defined Categories can be implemented with Core as it is today.

Personally, I don't care about that -- we could or could not make tags normative, it's really just a question of taste. If someone wants it, it would be a no-brainer for me to add it.

> - Collections are not explicitly described in Core. However since the use
> of Categories automatically implies collections I would like to add a
> section to Core to further clarify this. I can do the change this weekend
> and it will _not_ change Core, just clarify things.

Good point. Would be great if you take care of this -- I'd handle this issue as well as not breaking the freeze.

> - I would like to further clarify the two use-cases of Categories by
> introducing the name "type Category" for taxonomy categories and "tag
> Category" for folksonomy categories. Again, this will not change anything,
> just clarify things.

Sounds reasonable. Maybe then I didn't get your second bullet, though...

Regards,
Alexander