[occi-wg] Feature Freeze for OCCI Core & Model

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Fri Oct 15 10:26:45 CDT 2010

There are a few items I would like to clear out before a complete feature
freeze of Core.

- Have there been a decision on whether to solve the Link "source"
attribute problem in HTTP rendering or in Core? If decided to solve this
in Core changes are necessary. I vote for adding the Link "source"
attribute workaround to HTTP rendering doc _only_.

- I believe it is mostly decided to not use the
http://scheme.ogf.org/occi/core#tag Category for user-defined Categories.
If so, no changes needed to Core. But if not, changes would be necessary.
I vote for skipping the "tag" Category altogether since it is unnecessary.
User-defined Categories can be implemented with Core as it is today.

- Collections are not explicitly described in Core. However since the use
of Categories automatically implies collections I would like to add a
section to Core to further clarify this. I can do the change this weekend
and it will _not_ change Core, just clarify things.

- I would like to further clarify the two use-cases of Categories by
introducing the name "type Category" for taxonomy categories and "tag
Category" for folksonomy categories. Again, this will not change anything,
just clarify things.

regards, Ralf