[occi-wg] Whither OCCI and CDMI?

Andy Edmonds andy.edmonds at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:16:20 CST 2010

>From Mark and the CDMI guys.

In regards to Question 1 (below): In the context of the core specification
it would be now more correct to say "the OCCI Entity sub-type's instance ID"
as opposed to "OCCI virtual machine ID".

Andy

 OCCI folks,

With a new OCCI version approaching finalization and CDMI about to go on to
ISO standardization, I thought we should revisit the OCCI/CDMI integration
as
documented in CDMI and OCCI.

* Question 1:* Is "OCCI virtual machine ID" the correct term we should be
using?
(If not, we can still "errata" CDMI to call out the correct term)

* Question 2:* Looking through the latest OCCI spec, I did not see a
reference to
CDMI anywhere. Can we get a similar description as below pointing back to
CDMI to close this loop?

Thanks,

-- mark