[occi-wg] OCCI XML scheme status?

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat May 15 06:33:19 CDT 2010

2010/5/15 Csom Gyula <csom at interface.hu>

> Let me add one more thing regarding the upcoming scheme. In order to
> be extensible it would be nice to support any or anyAttribute element
> within the scheme. At least for the Category element this could be
> necessary for compatibility reasons, eg. according to the http category
> header draft, category already supports extensions
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-http-category-header-00,
> Section 3).

This draft was written to support OCCI's needs and extensions are certainly
something we can put to good use. You can be sure that all renderings will
support both link and category constructs too. For the XML rendering, in
order to support both user (browser) and machine (software) clients we
decided to go with XHTML which we'll focus on once we've digested the public
feedback and filled in the gaps in the existing specification. It's not too
late for you to provide input so if you have any feedback then it would be
gratefully received.