[occi-wg] OCCI Editor Getting Started Guide (docs/README.txt)

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue Mar 30 18:12:02 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Constantinos (Costas) Kotsokalis <
constantinos.kotsokalis at udo.edu> wrote:

> Speaking about the outset:
>
> I would assume that the OGF copyright rules were clear and known from the
> very beginning, when people first got involved, while personal opinions
> naturally were not. Perhaps it is reasonable to expect that people would
> respect and accept the rules commonly understood when the effort started.
>
> A crazy thought?

I've been dealing with this issue behind the scenes the whole time and am
only discussing it in public now because my attempts to convince the OGF to
loosen up on arcane copyright restrictions have thus far failed. My only
concern is the success of the specification and having invested countless
hours of my time I'll break as many eggs as necessary to ensure that - I've
even volunteered to assist with the registration of the requisite trademarks
to prevent the confusion people are concerned about.

We've now exchanged well over 50 emails in this thread alone on a subject
that is not getting us any closer to having the long overdue specification
finished - that worries me greatly in terms of this group's ability to focus
and deliver. It's also disconcerting that, after having (necessarily) given
the group some breathing space over the last few months, there has not been a
single substantive
edit<http://code.google.com/p/occi/source/list?path=/docs/occi-core.xml>
in
my absence. While I appreciate that important work is being done, our number
one priority remains outstanding.

Sam