[occi-wg] Telefonica I+D using OCCI in its open source service manager

Diego Parrilla Santamaría dparrilla at abiquo.com
Thu Jan 28 05:21:53 CST 2010

> ...expanding Abiquo's OVF management capabilities to suit our
> needs. Not only do these needs suit Telefónica's interests, but also a
> much wider spectrum of users can benefit from them as published almost
> a year ago in a well known world-class conference
> (
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1621915&dl=GUIDE&coll=GUIDE&CFID=75280084&CFTOKEN=80046203
> ).
> Importantly, this work has also been proposed for standardization in
> DMTF (http://www.dmtf.org/svm08/presentation/svm08_Femin.ppt).

mmm... I was not aware of this. So you have implemented extensions to the
OVF standard. I thought you implemented some missing parts of the standard
we do not implement yet (we will in forthcoming releases soon). Are you
still OVF 1.0 compliant yet?

Coming from a project funded by a FP7 program and Spanish Avanz@ (public
money), modifying a standard to "suit Telefónica's interests" sounds to
me... well, it does not sound to me... Still, we are happy to help
multibillion euro companies to grow ;-)