[occi-wg] OCCI Editor Getting Started Guide (docs/README.txt)

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sun Feb 21 09:38:42 CST 2010

Andre,

The intention is that the specification be available under both licenses (at
the user's discretion). Being available under a Creative Commons
license is basically
a requirement<http://www.google.com/search?q=cloud+api++%22creative+commons%22>for
Cloud APIs nowdays (much to my satisfaction) and anything else -
especially the OGF default (which is far more restrictive than even the DMTF
license!) - will surely stifle adoption whether justified or not. If that
doesn't work for the OGF then I'll just release it under CC myself and
remove/rewrite others' contributions (assuming they don't agree to do the
same, which would surprise me).

I think the important thing in terms of the *normative* specification is to
rely on trademark rather than copyright law - at the end of the day it's
more effective anyway and it doesn't prevent your APIs from being reused by
others.

Sam