[occi-wg] Revisiting Fat Links

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Tue Aug 17 12:10:43 CDT 2010

You'll probably want to bash me, Ralf, but I have always favoured your
initial suggestion ("Another proposal") :-). Main reason is that without a
second call, as in the case with this new proposal, I can get the type
information of both the link and target resource and _also_ the attributes
of that link, in the examples shown, a specialized Link.

Where one aspect of confusion or debate arises with your initial suggestion
is the idea that if a model entity has a Category associated with it, the
entity must then be a Resource. I don't quite see it this way. Rather, I see
the addition of a Category to any (R)resource (except Category itself,
that's non-sensical) as a means of signaling type information.

Andy

PS: I hope I'm not repeating an earlier argument of someone elses.